Homemade Peppermint Patties | vegan
- 2 C. powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 Tbs. shortening (or softened butter if okay with dairy)
- 1 1/2 tsp. peppermint oil
- 2 Tbs. water
- 2 C. chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life - free of top eight allergens)
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix powdered sugar, shortening, peppermint oil, and water until dough forms. If too dry and crumbly, add in 1 Tbs. of water at time until dough forms. If too wet, add more sugar, 1 Tbs. at a time.
- Scoop out dough 1 Tbs. at a time, roll in hands, and place on wax or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Using the back of a spoon, (or your finger) flatten each dough ball to form patties.
- Place sheet in the freezer, about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, melt chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave.
- Remove patties from freezer, and using a fork, individually dip each patty into chocolate, flipping once to coat evenly, and return to lined baking sheet.
- Return to freezer until chocolate has hardened, about 15 minutes.
- Store in an air-tight container or sealed bag in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe adapted from The Nerdy Farm Wife
photos belong to this blog