A Glitzy Birthday Party

pink & gold birthday party dessert bar

I about fell off my chair when I came across this party created by event planner Ruby May Designs for her own 40th birthday. While I love the glitzy mix of bright pink, gold, and black decor, I love even more that she took the time to celebrate herself with some of life's sweetest things by her side. It's so easy to get caught up in the day-to-day minutia of things, and we tend to forget that it's okay to stop, breathe, and enjoy milestones like this one, so cheers to Ruby May for doing it ever-so fabulously here. (Of course, I'd recommend a champagne bar, cute little heart cookies, and a ruffled cake whenever humanly possible, not just on your birthday, but that's just me!)

Get a similar look with these accessories: 

mini pink & gold heart cakes
pink & gold birthday party dessert bar
pink & gold birthday party dessert bar
pink & gold birthday party champaign bar
photos: Graeme Sharkey via A Blissful Nest | event design: Ruby May Designs | cakes: Sweet Sense Cakes |

Pin It!